The SGE competitive gymnastics program is for girls who are prepared to demonstrate their desire, dedication and determination as they strive to compete provincially and beyond.
SGE’s year-round Women's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) program offers our gymnasts discipline, the opportunity to develop physical and mental stamina, lifelong friendships and a whole lot of fun! Gymnasts in our competitive program will be encouraged and supported to achieve the highest level of gymnastics possible, based on their individual abilities.
Testing is required for entry into our competitive program and we hold an open testing session in April or May of each year. Outside of this time, we will only test gymnasts with a competitive background. For more information on our competitive testing, please email general@ScarboroughGymElites.ca .
Within our competitive program, our training groups are organized into three different categories; Developmental, Provincial Compulsory and Provincial Optional.
International Gymnix 2019 All-Around Winners
Left to Right: Candice -Level 7, Aniyah - Level 6, Maya - Level 8
- Girls aged 5+
- Focus on building strength, flexibility, endurance and strong technique
- Take part in 2-3 invitational competitions per season
- Train 6-12 hours per week
- Girls aged 7+
- Complete Junior Olympic levels 2-5
- Will attend qualifying and/or invitational competitions
- Qualifying gymnasts compete at the Ontario Championships
- Train 8-16 hours per week
- Girls aged 9+
- Compete Junior Olympic levels 6-10
- Will attend qualifying and invitational competitions
- Qualifying gymnasts will compete at the Ontario Championships
- Train 16-24 hours per week, including at least one afternoon each week